Here is where I'm at with the car.
1. I've removed all of the ICE components.
2. I've degreased and pressure washed the entire exterior and engine bay.
3. I've removed all of the interior components to shampoo and clean.
4. The previous owner had a fender bender that damaged the bumper. I've got everything back together properly.
5. Other misc improvements. (Removed peeling tint, replaced shifter boot, etc).
Here are a few pictures of the cars current state.
Pulling the engine.
Engine Bay Before.
Engine Bay After.
The next thing I need to do is tackle the wiring harness, metering and removing all of the components I don't need anymore and getting it out of the way.
In the mean time I need to start buying EV parts, specifically a motor and controller to start. I don't want to go out and spend thousands on a Warp9 or 4001A if I can get by with something used from a forklift.
I've contacted all of my local forklift shops and come up empty. I have one more lead to follow on monday.
Is anybody selling an old motor, or know of any eBay listings that look promising? I can spend the time cleaning, rebuilding and advancing brushes if needed.
I was also thinking about buying a D&D motor in the 750-1000 dollar range and just calling it a day. It's just hard to pass up the idea of a free motor if I can find the right forklift and scrap the metal.