DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-4 of 4 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    Hi guys, I want to thank everyone that took the time to read my post today. I'm Sean and I'm working on a concept to double the range of an electric car using renewable technology. I want to get some input from some EV hobbies that have work on building/converting their own EV to get an...
  2. Batteries and Charging
    "...The EV has a 120 volt 24 amp generator installed to the DC electric drive motor (belt driven) connected to an on-board battery charger to recharge batteries when down shifting and cruising down hill..." How would this work? Would the generator always be engaged? How do you wire it to a...
  3. Batteries and Charging
    i was hoping to find out a little more about how the charger actually charges the batteries. is it as simple as setting the max voltage and then pumping that many volts into the battery untill the battery reaches that level. for example if i have a lithium battery that i want to charge to 4v...
  4. Batteries and Charging
    I hate to burn gas, but if I wanted to drive more than 40 miles, would it be acceptable to install a generator to power my Manzanita charger which would charge the batteries as I use them, or should I convert the generators ouput to DC 144V and send it to the pack? Or should I just use the gas...
1-4 of 4 Results