DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 8 Results
  1. All EV Conversions and Builds
    I've been very interested in doing a simple EV swap recently, and I think I have a pretty good technical idea of the basics of what systems I want to use. Unfortunately, I know nothing about how compatibility works in these systems so I wanted to check- would it be feasible to take the motor...
  2. All EV Conversions and Builds
    Hello, I was able to get a 06 mini cooper s (automatic) for a very cheap price. I want to convert it into an EV. So I started gathering more info about it. Replacing the gas engine with an electric motor (have to get a manual transmission) would be doable (richrebuild videos). Now the main...
  3. All EV Conversions and Builds
    a friend cut me the plate with his water jet. I was going to get him to cut all the holes too but that would of taken along time to draw in cad for a one off part. So I clamped it to transmission with the coupler attached and transfer punched the holes. I was originally going to weld the...
  4. All EV Conversions and Builds
    Hi Everyone, I planning an EV conversion for a Riley Elf but as far as I can tell this setup would work on any classic mini. I am very early in the planning stage and I don't currently even have a car yet. The forum has been a good start for learning what goes into an EV conversion but I am...
  5. Technical Discussion
    Hi all, I am beginning an EV conversion with a mini cooper from the early 2000s (I'm still trying to choose which year I want but I know it's going to be a model from 2002 - 2010) and I'm trying to make my first purchase for either one or two potentiometers. I've heard that it's good to use two...
  6. Controllers
    Hi! Im helping a friend to get his mini cooper running. It has a me1115 connected via HTD-belt to the original gearbox. The me1115 is configured using the following data: We use a fwd-rev switch and a crutis pb-5 pot. The sin/cos encoder has been configured and the me1115 spins smoothly...
  7. All EV Conversions and Builds
    I'll start with the basic info: • Top vehicle choices (currently): Honda CRX or Mini Cooper S • I have 3+ yrs experience as a Mechanical Engineer (CAD, Fabrication). Just a small portion has covered electrical, but nothing on the scale of an EV conversion • Desired range is at least 60 miles •...
  8. All EV Conversions and Builds
    First of all, I would like to let you all know that all of your hard work has inspired me to start my conversion a year earlier than I initially planned. My car is a 1972 Mini. I have owned it since 2005. The engine has smoked since I got it and I've been dreaming for years now about ways to...
1-8 of 8 Results