DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
im looking for a dc motor around 10kw anyone know of a good trusted site quality price to buy from?
thanks
technowolf

·
Registered
194 Posts
You really need to give more information to be able to answer your question. Are you looking for new, used, what is the application, AC or DC. Is that 10kw peak or constant. I've found people here can be really helpful, but generic questions like this tend to get ignored. If you want new, Canadian Electric Vehicles is in the country. There are several sellers in the US whose names come up regularly as well if you read through the posts. I've never personally bought form any of them, so I can't say for sure who is good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the reply,
actualy I am looking for a around 10kw constant dc motor. it will take place in my old 1985 9.9hp outboard johnson engine.
thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't know anything about boats, but I assume you want it to be lite. What is you rpm range and price range? Isn't the outboard motor rated at 9.9hp peak?

·
Registered
194 Posts
You still didn't give a price range but I'm guessing you don't want to just go buy a comparable electric boat motor. That rpm continuous, could be a problem with DC. I would suggest you might be better going AC or maybe something like this. 96 Volt 10KW BLDC Motor Liquid Cooled - Golden Motor I am not giving any endorsement to the suitability though. You might be wise to check the off road forum and online for others that have done something similar. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts