DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I converted my S-10 from Lead Acid to Lithium, and am basically giving away the 120V AC (L1) charger for my shipping costs. It is a QuickCharge "boat anchor" transformer based charger that weights 40 lbs. But, it fits into a USPS medium flat rate box.

I've listed it for sale on ebay for $5 (to reimburse me for the fees ebay charges) plus around $15 S/H.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153455091616

I listed it as "not working or for parts" on ebay with no returns allowed (because I don't want this sucker back!) but to the best of my knowledge it works just fine (worked fine before I converted to Lithium, but two moves later, I don't have a 120v DC bank of lead acid batteries to test it with).

Figured I'd post a note here to let you all know, as the concentration of generic ebay browsers who need a 120v DC lead acid battery charger is probably relatively low.....

Jay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I converted my S-10 from Lead Acid to Lithium, and am basically giving away the 120V AC (L1) charger for my shipping costs. It is a QuickCharge "boat anchor" transformer based charger that weights 40 lbs. But, it fits into a USPS medium flat rate box.

I've listed it for sale on ebay for $5 (to reimburse me for the fees ebay charges) plus around $15 S/H.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153455091616

I listed it as "not working or for parts" on ebay with no returns allowed (because I don't want this sucker back!) but to the best of my knowledge it works just fine (worked fine before I converted to Lithium, but two moves later, I don't have a 120v DC bank of lead acid batteries to test it with).

Figured I'd post a note here to let you all know, as the concentration of generic ebay browsers who need a 120v DC lead acid battery charger is probably relatively low.....

Jay
Hi Jay,
I need new batteries for my 120V diy electric car. I'm interested to hear how you did your conversion and if you can point me to resources. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jay,
I need new batteries for my 120V diy electric car. I'm interested to hear how you did your conversion and if you can point me to resources. Thanks!
Hi Jim,

I used a salvage Nissan Leaf battery pack, upgraded my chargers and used a set of MiniBMS board. The only part I would do differently is use a more full featured BMS, perhaps an orion....

All of the info is in a series of blog posts, main page here:

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts