DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Not really an electric car but I built a electric riding mower and its using a 1228 controller. I wanted to tweak some of the settings however the programmer is super expensive, and all the local places near me only have stuff that is locked to golf carts apparently.

I think I have the right 1314 pc software, however I am looking for a cable to connect the controller to my PC. All he guides online seem to have dead links and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am fine with needing to build the cable myself if there is a guide that explains it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Thanks for the link, built the cable straight though no luck. Ill keep messing with it.
Remember the TX on the RS232 dongle goes to RX on the Curtis, and RX on the RS232 dongle goes to TX on the Curtis.

Also, in order for it to work, I think it has to be that particular RS232 dongle I used (GUC232A). I wasn't able to get it working with anything else.

Also, you have to do the registry trick, and make sure you're using the Serial version of the Curtis software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, although i could show you how to make the interface you need , I have 4 of them on sale right now on Ebay,, (look for items from rab-eb), if you need further help let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wont say hi, just say that you are totally ignorant in not responding to my offers of assistance, if only to say thankyou,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, In the light of your answer perhaps i may have been a little harsh with my criticism,,I am still willing to offer you the solution to your problem either by way of selling you the aforementioned ready made interface or letting you have instructions on how to make your own.
I should just point out that i am simply an enthusiast who had the same issue a few years ago and solved it by finding the instructions on the buggysgonewild web site, i now see that the post is no longer available .
Since i still have extra of the components and was trying to find ways of relieving the boredom whilst i am confined to my home (being in the high risk category ),I decided to make up more units as required by others.
The price i ask is to cover just the component costs iwth a tiny element of profit.
So in closing if you do require my assistance let me know, Regards Ralph,, PS my solution will definately work with your controller

1 - 9 of 9 Posts