DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1238-6501 and am trying to connect to the 1314 PC programmer.
I have tried an XP laptop as well as a brand new PC laptop. They both see the usb 1309 Curtis adaptor. Both computers say virtual serial. with the photo of the USB adapter. They both act similarly and upon attempting connection error or controller connection error.

I notice that the USB adapter has tx and rx lights that flash while attempting connection but are comparatively dim compared to power light.

I tried it on my 1239E controller in the other EV and it connects fine. I can see everything, although I don't know how to actually change parameters- change value and enter? it just reverts back to the same value.

Any ideas? I got the software from internet. Could this be the issue? some kind of security key. Travis is supporting me on this but is away from home where his software is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved at least part of this with guidance from Frodus.
I had run spyglass wire next to my DC to DC causing a noise problem that would not allow connection to programmer. pulled wire away temporarily just a few inches was enough to allow it to connect. I am re-routing the wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Solved at least part of this with guidance from Frodus.
I had run spyglass wire next to my DC to DC causing a noise problem that would not allow connection to programmer. pulled wire away temporarily just a few inches was enough to allow it to connect. I am re-routing the wire.
Hi..... I got a cable that mimics the 1309 cable and the 1314 PC software sees it as such and i have OEM access.... it just keeps throwing the error of

any ideas?

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
And how do you have it wired to the 1238? What pins on the cable are going to what pins on the 1238 inverter?

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
1238 and 1239 pinout is the same. 1239 is just the newer controller, so it doesn't matter.

I guess either use a real cable, or talk with the seller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts