DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I posted. Time to start a build thread. Converting a 1993 Ford F-150 to an 144v 550 amp 2wd single motor “truck-kart”. Motor will finally be slapped together here soon. Getting the yoke machined to fit the motor was unexpected and a set back. The entire build will cost under $3000 and yes that’s including batteries. I’ll sum up the major parts list below, as well as, some pics of how nasty the motor was.

Clark #2774337/5BT1362B144
-Max RPM 7000
-Cont. RPM 4500
-Max Amp 550
-Cont. Amp 300
-90kw Peak
EVnetics Soliton Jr.
SEMIX603GAR066HDs (IGBT)
SW182 contactor
Zivan NG3 144v/11a
DCIS-144-12 600w DC/DC converter
2-4-782 1310 yoke
Toyota Prius Warter Pump G9020-47031
Gigavac gx14
6306/6209 bearings

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like this project, thanks for sharing, similar spec to what I want to build. (1 tone van)
if I'm reading the post correctly, no gearbox, direct drive to diff. I'm left wondering what diff ratio and wheel size you are running.

Evnetics Soliton Jr. [Soliton Jr.] price: $1,899.00

seems to be a few prismatic LiFePO4 batteries on the market now at a good price. I'm still checking if prismatic batteries are only suitable for static or EV use. potentially can build a 40k.hr pack for just under $10k.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like this project, thanks for sharing, similar spec to what I want to build. (1 tone van)
if I'm reading the post correctly, no gearbox, direct drive to diff. I'm left wondering what diff ratio and wheel size you are running.

Evnetics Soliton Jr. [Soliton Jr.] price: $1,899.00

seems to be a few prismatic LiFePO4 batteries on the market now at a good price. I'm still checking if prismatic batteries are only suitable for static or EV use. potentially can build a 40k.hr pack for just under $10k.
Thanks! And a van sounds awesome! This truck will be surprisingly light after the de-ice. That is the only reason I believe I can get away with direct drive. I’m not looking for speed, this will be just for around town and eventually for moving wood around. The diff will be regeared to 4.56 or 5.11 and tires are roughly 29 inches. I will keep the manual transmission around just in case and I have a 2.72:1 transfer case I could use, but I think I can get away without it. I got my Soliton JR for $400 locally from a guy on these forums. He was also kind enough to give me everything else he had. My charger is specific to lead acid unfortunately but that will be upgraded eventually as well. This entire build will only cost me around $3-4k.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Realized I share more visuals on instagram than I do here, so I stole some pics from myself to post haha. These are just some of the things I’ve gathered for the build. Everything used was sourced from this forum. And I must say thank you to the community! I’ve been gifted countless books, tools, cable, etc. to help with the build. As well as tons of knowledge! I started this to prove to myself and others it’s possible to convert on a budget.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Realized I share more visuals on instagram than I do here, so I stole some pics from myself to post haha. These are just some of the things I’ve gathered for the build. Everything used was sourced from this forum. And I must say thank you to the community! I’ve been gifted countless books, tools, cable, etc. to help with the build. As well as tons of knowledge! I started this to prove to myself and others it’s possible to convert on a budget.
what exact welding cable did you use? I plan to use the same voltage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts