DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I will have a look at Indramat catalog later, but off the top of my head these motors can do at least 6000 rpm.

Dawid

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not a dealbreaker for me, I had intended to go with high V low current design. I'm more concerned with performance, it seems to have great torque numbers for the price.

·
Registered
196 Posts
this thing you purchased looks like a serious motor (I dont know much about electric motors)...if it is the kind they install in the two mode hybrid then you are one lucky person :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey Automcdonough, what controller are you planning on running with this motor?
Probably DIY. I waited on this to see what sort of motor I could score a good deal on, despite wanting AC I figured it was gonna be a DC forklift motor...
Now I need to determine what I have on my hands. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out induction vs BLDC once it's here in person. Also I'll be able to look at the wire gauge and try to guess an appropriate current. No idea on the voltage. I'll hi-pot it for 1k and if no arcs then I'll try a 360V test.. we have some 3-phase variacs here at work that should spin it.

I don't have $3k to spend on a controller, it will be DIY. I also want to do some traction control and bus voltage control so I probly would have gone DIY anyways.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Would be nice if it had a nameplate so you are in the right ball park.

If it's an ACIM, a variac could spin it, you need have the volts/hz correct. It is probably not a standard 230v/60hz.

Probably DIY. I waited on this to see what sort of motor I could score a good deal on, despite wanting AC I figured it was gonna be a DC forklift motor...
Now I need to determine what I have on my hands. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out induction vs BLDC once it's here in person. Also I'll be able to look at the wire gauge and try to guess an appropriate current. No idea on the voltage. I'll hi-pot it for 1k and if no arcs then I'll try a 360V test.. we have some 3-phase variacs here at work that should spin it.

I don't have $3k to spend on a controller, it will be DIY. I also want to do some traction control and bus voltage control so I probly would have gone DIY anyways.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
omg dude, that does look pretty damn close. :eek:
Nice find with that PDF. These specs kind of rule. :D I sure hope this is similar!!

The oil cooling is an odd point though, this thing may have special needs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts