DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I have been working on building a 1966 Corvette Stingray Electric Car. I am using a (made for FORD) Siemens motor and an RMS PM100 controller. I'll have to upload some pictures later. I should mention that I have NOT taken a working Classic car and turned it into an EV. I purchased a body from someone in the Twin cities MN and found a rusted out frame in an Indiana farm field. no engines/classics were harmed in this build...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Joined 7 years ago and this is your first post. That's some patience!

Sounds like a fun build.

I like that you're making a scrapyard rescue. Sometimes purists can get a bit grouchy about about not keeping every precious bolt in its original condition. I have a feeling they're the type that would spray Grandma in clearcoat and leave her on the rocking chair rather than have a funeral, but, everyone has their preferences I suppose. Shouldn't be an issue anyway if you've saved one from the shredder.

The most essential part of a build process is pictures. When you think you have too many pictures, that is the correct amount :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patience, yes... I have learned quite a lot from this forum over the years. I was never able to post replies though. I have the admin looking into it (hotmail doesn't receive any activation emails).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts