DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a Netgains Hyper 9HV IS with the X144 controller. I am having an issue with it limiting itself and then giving partial power back. I have talked with an engineer at Netgains and he says it is either wiring or mechanical. Does any one have a wiring schematic for the Hyper 9HV? I have used the schematic off of EV West but it is for the X1. Mechanical would mean clutch/transfer case. It all seems fine. When I jack it up it has no issues and runs as it should.
I need some help.

Thommy

·
Registered
74 Posts
https://go-ev.com/PDFs/HyPer_9HV_IS_User_Manual_REV08.pdf
There is a wiring diagram in the manual on page 6, and pinout on page 7 for the controller connectors. I did some research on the hyper 9, but have never actually seen one. The schematic from EV west shows you wiring pack voltage to the controller (x-1), which is not the case for the x-144, which uses a 12 to 24 volt supply. You would have to look and see if there are other wiring differences between the two versions. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carl,

Are you referring to the key switch relay? I have taken that out of the wiring. I have the Ignition switch wired to the Key Switch In (K1-24). Everything runs and there are no error codes. It just looses power after a couple of minutes driving but does not loose power if it is up on blocks and running.
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looking at the manual it says that both the motor and the controller have temperature derating, which sounds like it might fit with what you are describing. Do you have any way to check those temperatures while you drive it? It says the motor starts de-rating at 135C, and the controller at 80C. Is the controller mounted on a heatsink or chill plate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can check temperatures with a laptop that plugs into the controller. It is not a heat issue. I have a cooling system on the controller and the motor has air cooling. The computer would show errors if either happened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts