DIY Electric Car Forums banner

> 1971 914 Bahia Red Electric Drive 207 ft-lbs max torque, Fast, no rust,17,000 miles

3784 Views 9 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  dtbaker
Sold

Sold..................
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

· Registered
34 Posts
Re: > 1971 914 Bahia Red Electric Drive 207 ft-lbs max torque, Fast, no rust,17,000 m

Very nice conversion. I met you and saw your car once in Tampa during an electric-cars' event a couple of months before finishing my own conversion, and we talked for a while even though you most likely don't remember me. I know it is the same car because of the blow driers used as heaters :) Too bad I don't have $15,000. Good luck with the sale. It is indeed a very nice car/conversion.

Jose.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: > 1971 914 Bahia Red Electric Drive 207 ft-lbs max torque, Fast, no rust,17,000 m

Very nice conversion. I met you and saw your car once in Tampa during an electric-cars' event a couple of months before finishing my own conversion, and we talked for a while even though you most likey don't remember me. I know it is the same car because of the blow driers used as heaters :) Too bad I don't have $15,000. Good luck with the sale. It is indeed a very nice car/conversion.

Jose.
Hey Jose, It was a long time ago but I do remember you! The car has been running great since we met, back in 2012 I think. That convention was neat with all the great people. I even got to visit with the inventor of the Zilla controller, Otmar.

Thanks for the nice complement on the car!

Jim

· Registered
4,334 Posts
Re: For Sale: 1971 Porsche 914 Bahia Red,Electric, Fast, no rust,$15,000

For Sale now is my 1971 Porsche 914, converted to Electric Drive in 2010.: http://www.evalbum.com/3439
what a great build! I am following your story with great interest to see what the current market is like. Have you tried eBay for national exposure?

I have tried to sell my eMiata on and off at similar price locally with little success. I'm going to try again in the spring with local paper/craigslist before trying eBay. I would really like to keep the car local so I can keep an eye on it.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: For Sale: 1971 Porsche 914 Bahia Red,Electric, Fast, no rust,$15,000

Hi Dan,

No serious offers yet. I guess it takes a special person to take on a conversion. To bad since it's such a fun and trouble free car.

I have not tried ebay yet. My reason for selling is I'm moving soon and will not have a garage to keep the car. I'll get more serious about selling then.

Good luck with your sell!

Jim

what a great build! I am following your story with great interest to see what the current market is like. Have you tried eBay for national exposure?

I have tried to sell my eMiata on and off at similar price locally with little success. I'm going to try again in the spring with local paper/craigslist before trying eBay. I would really like to keep the car local so I can keep an eye on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.