DIY Electric Car Forums banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd recommend zooming in on what your doing in your video's and maybe upping the volume as I can't really hear what your saying

Please can you make a thread, either here or on Openinverter, add plenty of pics, diagrams, etc. There are plenty of folks who can help you through it.

I've been working with these units for a few years now and know many of the pitfalls.
I updated my thread with where I'm at

·
Registered
895 Posts
part two of what it takes to get the GS340h motor to spin with proper sound

This is really great work. This would be very handy on the Openinverter forum (I know you've put some of it on there). I haven't followed DIYElectricCar in years, but man I used to spend hours on here!
Patrick Roth's zx2EV project
I'm going to have to dive back in. btw, you know me as PatrcioEV-ATX on Openinverter.

·
Registered
1971 GMC 1500
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
This is really great work. This would be very handy on the Openinverter forum (I know you've put some of it on there). I haven't followed DIYElectricCar in years, but man I used to spend hours on here!
Patrick Roth's zx2EV project
I'm going to have to dive back in. btw, you know me as PatrcioEV-ATX on Openinverter.
thanks Patrick I am building up my thread on Open Inverter as well but I am hesitant about some content as you don't bring sand to the desert, so two different audiences I think, I mean those guys reversed engineered this stuff, and I barely know the difference between a cable and a wire, ha ha.

1971 GMCe Lexus GS450H BMW 530e Tesla Model S powered Electruck

·
Registered
1971 GMC 1500
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
I am certain All Data the online car manual company will be refunding me my money for all the days I went to their website and it was down, ha ha

Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property Parallel

Blue Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
1971 GMC 1500
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Fun Fact: among the 3,754 different and I mean completely different plugs and connectors on this vehicle (the Lexus GS450h) apparently their designers ran out of steam and decided to use three identical ones, and I mean absolutely samesies for the following three components, which mind you live within a foot of each other
  • Power Steering ECU
  • Oil Pump Motor Controller
  • Front Stabilizer Control ECU
no I am not taking the time to post this because I chased down and pulled the wrong harness [ahem] three times

Building House Window Rectangle Slope

Attachments

·
Registered
1971 GMC 1500
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 · (Edited)
so off of the external auxiliary electronic "oil" / transmission fluid pump we see three plugs coming off of it, both of the larger ones towards the end of the harness plug into the oil pump controller, the tiny third one, midway in the harness is what we are after

Wood Automotive tire Flooring Audio equipment Reptile

Pliers Tool Wire stripper Bag Diagonal pliers

Automotive tire Bicycle part Crankset Bicycle chain Bumper

·
Registered
1971 GMC 1500
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 · (Edited)
if you bought the transmission wiring harness you are in luck, it comes with the matching plug and wire harness, it's a two (pink (or faded red) & brown) wire harness that ran to the ECM's smaller plug

Wood Composite material Electrical wiring Pattern Wire

Pattern Jewellery Composite material Creative arts Wire

I snipped the brown wire, it ran to the Transmission Shift Solenoid plug on the opposite side of the transmission

Pattern Magenta Font Wire Circle

261 - 280 of 290 Posts