DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting a build blog. It will take a long time to complete, so I will just stop in and update when I can or something noteworthy happens. Two things have happened recently. I got my vehicle. A 1979 Chevrolet Luv. I looked for several years to find a nice Luv to work with in my budget. I got my Warp9 motor this weekend and started the process of having the adapter and coupler made. Hopefully next update will be working on putting the motor on the transmission. Thx 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Back when I was 15/16 I wanted to buy my grandfather's old Chevy Luv (that my Dad had sold to him) to have as my first car. It had a lot of problems, but would have made a great electric truck with current technology.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I got my coupler. Gotta put this stuff together properly and slide it on the transmission. I need to get the measurements for the adapter plate. This is really exciting. A guy from work is going to the battery recyclers next week. I hope they will consider smaller modules for non battery bank applications. Currently they just retrofit car packs and make large battery storage units.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts