DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I could add a code variant for the Volt/Ampera Battery slaves. Already got the base done to read out all modules and control them (check my github).

This however means the canbus is set to 125 kbps. Only one canbus is used on my bms so what ever else connects to it needs to be 125 kbps.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes I could add a code variant for the Volt/Ampera Battery slaves. Already got the base done to read out all modules and control them (check my github).

This however means the canbus is set to 125 kbps. Only one canbus is used on my bms so what ever else connects to it needs to be 125 kbps.

Oh ok, sorry, I guess I shouldnt respond when its not my product. I didnt know you could do that. sorry

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Added Serial interface overview.

Newly introduced updates:
- add more adjustable values to menus
- Precharge Timer
- Precharge Current
- PWM holding duty cycle

Software update planned features:
- current sensor input ratio current/voltage
- add more adjustable values to menus
- Charge and Discharge temperature taper points

If anyone has specific requests please add them to one of the technical threads.

·
Registered
952 Posts

Well i will soon get a complete Ampera pack from a wrecked car. It will have all the goodies attached since i will get the whole car :). Would you need a circuit to develop faster :D you know like the last time.

As i will use Pegueot 406c as a donor it doesent use CAN. Internal links should be limited to BMS and charger. I think Ampera charger survived. There is no external damage. Does it run on 125kbps also?
Next option is to simply use my derivative of EMW 12kW 3phase charger. That way i can just use on/off commands for charger.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are there any way I can use output from your BMS to show SoC status when driving?
Yes at the moment you can, pwm duty cycle in direct ratio to SOC.
Ofcourse you can run a fancy can display, this way you can show voltage, temp, current and SOC.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a Fiat 500 pack there is a central cell monitoring device. So no slaves.

Easiest option fit slaves from a Tesla or Mitsubishi Outlander.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For Sale: BMS Master: SIMP-BMS

Price: 200 Euros excluding shipping

As some of you might have seen in the multiple threads I have started, I have developed a BMS Master board capable of controlling multiple slaves.
The starting point for this BMS is to keep it simple, the BMS will not prevent you from harming your battery if you do not set it up properly or ignore the limits it sends out.

Currently supported slaves:
-Tesla Model S/X
-Tesla battery modules used in other OEM cars
-VW E-Golf and GTE
-Mitsubishi Outlander
Hi Tom,

I'm going to built a 40 VW GTE module powerwall, all in parallel (48V).
How many BMS Masters do I need?

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the 'normal' pack has 8 numbered slaves.

So you would need to make sure you have 8 modules with each a different id.
So depending on how many slaves you have with duplicate numbers this will determine how many masters you need.

Current there is no support to have multiple 'BMS Masters' act as one big pack, will be looking into this in the future.

·
Registered
952 Posts

Hi Tom

I currently own Eltek 3kw charger. In the official Eltek Guide IP67 i found this:

"The EV Power Chargers 3kW HE IP67 support CAN 2.0A/2.0B at the speed of 125, 250
and 500kbits/s, and implements CAN Bus signals: “CAN-L”, “CAN-H” and “CAN-Ref”."

Do you think i could interface your BMS master with Eltek charger at 125kbps? Usually i see they are used at 500kbps.

A

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update 10/16/18

New update for all versions:
-Added Voltage and Temp offsets to allow warnings to trigger before Alarms
Alarms - if under and overvoltage are triggered contactors are opened

-Cell Imbalance alarm implemented
This will not open any contactors as it is more of a maintenance request

Feature to start looking