301 - 320 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Honda CRX (EM57 2013 Leaf Motor)
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Started moving pins from LB13 to LB8

Automotive tire Sports gear Military camouflage Glove Orange

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Glove Personal protective equipment

Took about half an hour but LB8 is done. That takes care of modules 25-36

Orange Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

Will depin LB7 tomorrow and move over the remaining pins from LB13/14 to LB7

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Finished validating all the pins on swapped over the LB13/14 to the LB7

Textile Electricity Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Electric blue

And its de-pinned.

Glove Automotive tire Orange Sleeve Sports gear

All the pins moved over:

Safety glove Electrical wiring Cable Engineering Gas

Ready to go:
Orange Electrical wiring Networking cables Cable Electronic engineering

Now I just need to stack the module 25-48 and bolt this connector on.

Orange Wood Flooring Font Engineering

I stacked the batteries but I definitely need to figure out some way to support the rods/batteries with some brackets because the rods otherwise bend

Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rectangle Wood

Two stacks of 24. Almost there.

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Asphalt Flooring

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
What about an angle iron base and sheet sidewalls as a box for the pack that keeps it all from sagging?

Don't forget the first speedbump could make that thing weigh 5x or more what it does static.
Thats an interesting idea. I was trying to get all the bracket/plates in between the batteries to add support but maybe making my own would be easier... I'll have to look into it further.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Since I'm not planning to use that box I built anymore, I hacked it to be the new battery mount

Plant Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Wood

Also dropped in the battery

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive battery Trunk Car

The hacked mount
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Naval architecture Gas

Getting the 24 pack ready for a test fit.
Wood Loom Gas Engineering Machine

Wood Automotive tire Gas Auto part Machine

And it fits.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car

Excuse the mess. I'm still trying to figure out where to mount some things...
Electrical wiring Hood Motor vehicle Engineering Circuit component

Also, trying to figure out what this little black box coming out the service connector is for:

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Apparently I had cut up the wiring when I moved the PDM so I had to reconnect the PDM wires.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

I swear I'll clean up the wiring.

Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Gas Technology Electrical supply

Also tried to test fit the 12v battery but it didn't fit due to height so I installed the NOCO lithium 12v I got.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive battery Automotive exterior

Also took out the 2nd 24 module stack because the BMS wires didn't reach so I rotated the battery 180 degrees.

Also planning a mount for the service disconnect.

Automotive battery Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If it were me, I'd look at stacking the battery modules over the axle, as far forward as possible, to pull in the polar moment, get some crush space so you're not building an electric Pinto (you're clearly making an effort to leave the back seats open for the kids...), and have a spot for groceries....penalty is c.g. goes up a bit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
If it were me, I'd look at stacking the battery modules over the axle, as far forward as possible, to pull in the polar moment, get some crush space so you're not building an electric Pinto (you're clearly making an effort to leave the back seats open for the kids...), and have a spot for groceries....penalty is c.g. goes up a bit.
Its actually a 2 seater so rather I'm leaving room for the driver and maybe passenger :ROFLMAO:

The car really is that small. I think if I stacked 24 modules on top of 24 modules vertically, I'd probably lose visibility of the rear window.

I'm guessing you meant to say stack them vertically like this? (This is someone else's battery stack)
Product Wood Orange Composite material Gas

I think if I could drop the battery down that'd be better but I'm going to leave that as a future goal. I get this feeling I'm going to upgrade the batteries at some point and likely at that point, I'll actually redo the battery layout.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I mentioned this in @D&VsEVJeep thread - I would not be on the road in anything with a pack that close to the rear bumper. Your cells are about three inches from the rear hatch latch.

Your build choices, just don't get rear-ended. Lithium cells light off when crushed.

Plant Sky Headstone Cemetery Font

😂

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Also interesting is that the relays are not turning off once I turn off ignition. Is the Resolve EV supposed to send 12v out from pin 44 to relay for INV and BMS when ignition is off? Currently my system maintains 12v on pin 44 after turning off ignition.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
So I noticed, while moving the wires going to the BMS around... That the battery relay would click.

I think the CAN wires are receiving interference from the HV conduits. I moved the wires and now the car powers up.

The issue now is that after going into drive, when pressing the accelerator, there will be a loud whining sound coming from the relays and then it goes away and nothing works.

I took a video of it but it became a YouTube short

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
So I got new DTCs but still can't figure out why the motor won't move and the cause for the whining sound.

Something about the IGBT temperature too high?

Rectangle Product Azure Font Screenshot

301 - 320 of 360 Posts