DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped an old truck for a 1999 Ford SVT Cobra Mustang. It has no drivetrain or rear axle.

I contacted Ford Performance about the new Eliminator Engine (spell check does not like that word). It is now about $4100 out the door plus whatever. My question is this - a front and rear set of Motors? AEM is still perfecting and is close to developing a controller. It is rated at 281 HP per motor.

They recommend buying the current front suspension/axle of the new E Mustang "apostate" SUV Sedan. I am fine with that. Transmission? AC, Heating? dash board? Rear Axle/suspension, brakes, steering. You get the drift, So what I seek in the way of further light and understanding is a literal list of everything I would need.

Battereis I am willing to wait on and need advice on.

My first car was a brand new 1968 Mustang in the 11th grade, $3,259 out the door with taxes and fees. I converted it to a road handler and looker that attracted attention in the LA area. My parents paid cash.

So now a 1999. Along with the list of parts, a list of questions that I should be asking. Should I fabricate a custom chassis?

So please, share your thoughts and the smart folks, the good articles and Tube stuff, and why you would consider specific brands... what would you wait on. AEM has a 2007 Mustang GT testbed and are close to going to production with all the electronics.

From beautiful Utah and great mountains to drive (race on), Don!:sneaky:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The Eluminator is the front motor from a Mustang Mach-E GT Performance. No inverter included for the $4100.

Their SEMA 2021 demo truck pretty much took the entire AWD car, mounted it in a custom chassis, and slapped the 1972 (or whatever it was) body on it.

Got 80 grand?

The AEM Mustang is in May 2022 Hot Rod mag, probably where you saw it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts