DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
just wanted to show you our S10 we built for our delivery truck. it has a warp 9 motor, soliton 1 controller, reap bms, brusa charger. and 48 200 ahr hipower batteries.
last friday we made a test run for distance and reached 95.4 miles and made it back to our shop. the test run was done in some what hilly terrain and the mph was 0-50.
we are just excited and wanted to share this with all the ev ers.

thanks kevin constant
topeka elctric motor
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Nice Job Kevin! Where did you buy the hi-power cells? R u happy with the BMS??

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the compliment.
we are a dealer for the batteries. and the controller, and are working on the reap bms.

as far as liking the bms, it is awsome. it tell alot of good info. very pleased. works well with the brusa, through can.

thanks kevin

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have the Soliton in my truck also. I think it is an awesome unit. I have AGM batteries but will upgrade to Li at some point. How's ur pricing on Hi-Powers?

BTW, that is awsome range for that size pack in a truck.

Is the reap system expensive..comparitively speaking?

·
Registered
148 Posts
thanks for the compliment.
we are a dealer for the batteries. and the controller, and are working on the reap bms.
Kevin, I checked out your website but did find anything about Hi-Power cells. I did notice you do dynamic balancing; are you also capable of machining taper-lock hub for my flywheel? I'm closer to St. Joe, but the electric shop there closed (a subsidiary of a KC shop). I would like to come by and see your truck and your operation.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks
our web site is being updated with all of the new pics and articles.
they are supposed to be getting it done, their slooooooooooooow.
hope they got it in a coulpe days.
you can contact me at the shop 1-785-233-4750

thanks kevin

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello all
we have had some phone calls and emails about some of the pricing for the hi power batteries and reap systems.

hi power batteries are $1.18 per amp hr. delivered on orders over 20kw. smaller orders will be pro rated to help cover the shipping.

reap systems bms is around $4000 when it got to us. but you have to remember this system has lots of options.

i realize this is quite exspensive, but it is a good investment, according to us, when some one tells you they have a bms, you need to ask if it is a battery monitoring system, or a battery management sytem, the name says it all.

every builder has their own ideas and thoughts, so the buyer has to do his/her reseach on the products and find what is best for them.

thanks kevin

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Might help to post the website ;)

http://www.topekaelectricmotor.com/

Excellent job on the site, btw. I especially like the article on motor efficiency. Keep us updated on the HiPower cells. Oh, a hot new code update for the Soliton1 with all sorts of changes is coming soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for posting the site, thought about that on the way home.
we will keep everyone posted about some of the new developments we are working on.
we are developing/designing an AC motor. we will update when the first prototype is done.

thanks kevin
topeka electric motor inc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts