DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am brand new to this, I live on a hill and would like to buy this GEM that I've been looking at but need to know if it can make it up my hill first. I measured it with my iPhone and it is at most a 15 degree slope. Thanks for help!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hello all,
I am brand new to this, I live on a hill and would like to buy this GEM that I've been looking at but need to know if it can make it up my hill first. I measured it with my iPhone and it is at most a 15 degree slope. Thanks for help!
Not too many Gems over here on this board. There are some other forums specializing in Gems and NEVs. Basically EVs are very good at hill climbing. I can't assure you that 12 year old cart will climb your hill. The original spec sheet for the cart should have that information. But your battery condition will affect performance. And you don't say how long the hill is. Also, don't forget to check about the brakes ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there,
Thanks for reply, the seller just put in brand new batteries and I am thinking after they wear out, I would like to do a Lithium-Ion upgrade if possible. The original spec sheet doesn't have that data and I can't find where it would be... The hill is about a 10 degree slope for .35 miles and then at the very end it gets to 15 degrees for about 10 feet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.