DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built with all the best parts. Selling because I bought a Tesla P100DL. Warp11 with Garrett turbo forced air cooling, Soliton 1 (liquid cooling), Tesla batteries (7 modules- liquid cooled/ heated), 80ish mile range, room for more Tesla modules as desired, Orion BMS, Samsung Tablet with Torque app to monitor batteries. DC2DC to keep 12V charged. Using stock 6 speed transmission with heavy duty clutch. Electric powersteering. New tires, recently powdercoated the wheels. Built in charger with J1772 plug mounted in gas port. Make offer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking $13,995 obo
Vehicle is located near Greenville, SC. Here are some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car has 126k miles on it. Original conversion was completed when the car had 110k miles. 5kW charger built in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car has 126k miles on it. Original conversion was completed when the car had 110k miles. 5kW charger built in.
Hi,

Wondering if you can tell me a bit more about your setup. What amps are you able to draw with the setup? So, what is the voltage on your Tesla packs? Since you have the manual RX8, I assume it has the LSD. What gear are you using around town? Is this capable of spinning the rears under acceleration? I have a P100D and am looking for something around town that will allow some drift angle on cornering and take off. The P100D hooks up so well that any tail out behavior is above my car control limit! I am considering doing a conversion on a 1974 BMW 2002 but yours looks like a well sorted car. Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amp draw is only about 900, but the Soliton 1 controller would only allow 1000 anyways. I'm using 7 Tesla modules with a total of 42 cells which gives approximately 170V. Yes, it will spin the tires. I usually take off in 3rd or 4th. I get too much wheel hop if I leave in 2nd. It has been a fun car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the range on this? I'm inferring it's about 35kwh, so 100-ish miles? Just trying to get a feel for how and where the car could be used.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the range on this? I'm inferring it's about 35kwh, so 100-ish miles? Just trying to get a feel for how and where the car could be used.
I stated 80ish miles in the first post, but if you really maxed the cells out you could probably reach 100 miles if you were easy on the throttle pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts