DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and new to the world of electric vehicles.

As the title suggests, I'm getting my feet wet with a 2013 Vantage EV1000.

Having found very little information about these little trucks availible online, I thought that I would start this thread to help others who may be in the same position as me in the future.

I purchased this truck on a bit of a whim off of a government auction website. I had no information on the truck other than what was availible in the auction photos - pictures of the truck when I picked it up attached.

My ultimate goal for the truck is to use it as a commuter (20-30 miles per day) and for yard and house work when I need a small truck.

I've begun colating information about the truck and its various components. Major components listed below along with somepictures, data sheets, and useful graphs attached.

As I continue to work on the truck, I'll update this thread with my progress. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions along the way!

-Nate

Major Components
  • TRACTION BATTERIES - 200AH AGM GROUP 4D (6X 72V SYSTEM)
  • ACCESSORY BATTERY - 45AH AGM GROUP 22NF
  • ONBOARD CHARGER - DELTA-Q QUIQ 912-7200
  • TRANSAXLE - TEAM 421869-300
  • MOTOR - AC35-16.02.2 35HPMAX 10HPCONT 4800RPM
  • CONTROLLER - CURTIS 1238-6501

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, just bought one of these, picking it up this week. Let me know how you've made out with it so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I got your pm and I'll send you an email shortly.

Basically, I've found that the batteries were pretty damaged - presumably from sitting for so long deeply discharged. 5 of the six weren't totally bad, but one has severely limited capacity which dragged the whole pack down.

Instead of buying new 200ah AGM traction batteries, I installed some 100ah AGM cells that I had laying around. With this setup I'm only getting about 12 miles of range.

I was able to gain OEM programming access to the Curtis controller. I have the max speed tuned up to around 35mph and I've reduced the max current to 65% to try to squeeze a bit more range.

For the truck to be really useful for me, I need about 20 miles of range before it falls into limp mode. I'm working on sourcing some lithium cells to convert over.

I hope your batteries are in better shape than mine were!

-Nate

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined your elite group of impulsive Vantage EV1000 government auction purchasers. The batteries are all disconnected, and I'm trying to find a manual that has the battery diagrams. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts