DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day Guys,

So I have a 2015 VW Jetta and my intent with her is to swap all the components from a wrecked 2014 Nissan eNV200 (Hereby nicknamed the Envy) into the Jetta (Hereon in named Jetta Thunberg)

Here is the Jetta:

So anyways, I got the Envy from Pickles, once all taxes and crap were done, she cost me $6,400 for a complete car.
Now she is a little worse for wear.
These are the pickles photos:

So as you can see she's not in bad nick, she's pretty solid, and she's going strong. Well, asides from the back end damage that's for sure.

Anyhow, she motors along quite nicely to get her off the trailer, but there is a bit of a rear end clunk. I have a sneaking suspicion that's because the rear suspension is snapped in half on the drivers side. But that's just a guess.

Walkaround of the Envy in the Sunshine

First Startup of the Envy (I was terrified the airbags were gonna go off)

Getting the Envy off the Trailer (Filmed by my wife)

Look through the cabin after getting her off the trailer

Trying to get the code scanner to talk to it

Anyway, my main things now are how to make the Leaf talk to the Jetta, and how the hell do I talk to the Leaf? Some forums are saying the Leaf/Envy uses ISO 15765-4 which all my scanners support, but they don't talk to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So anways, my first idea was to use the ArduECU however I can't seem to find much information on using one of those to make a Nissan talk to a VW, I may be the first.
My main issue is that I need Cruise Control, Traction Control, Stability Control, Airbags, Seatbelts, etc to all remain working as if they were originally, essentially they need to see no change in the car.
So can the ArduECU do this, and how do I make it do the needful?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes when rotating things break in half and then rotate, they make a bit of a noise yeah. Do you have any hot glue? Scotch tape?
Honestly I probably could try and fix it, but I'll need to be able to tape it to something, and that something just isn't there as the back end has been pushed forward around 500mm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts