DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a team that is putting together a battery system for a Jeep Cherokee conversion. We have decided to use 8Ah 3.2V Headway battery cells and are currently in the process of determining a reputable supplier. Any recommendations regarding a cost friendly and professional seller would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Manzanita Micro in Washington is one of the best places in the US to get them, and they have a DOA warranty not many places have.

Tell them Travis Sent ya!

Not sure about places on the west coast.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am currently working on a team that is putting together a battery system for a Jeep Cherokee conversion. We have decided to use 8Ah 3.2V Headway battery cells and are currently in the process of determining a reputable supplier. Any recommendations regarding a cost friendly and professional seller would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
You can also buy direct...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am currently working on a team that is putting together a battery system for a Jeep Cherokee conversion. We have decided to use 8Ah 3.2V Headway battery cells and are currently in the process of determining a reputable supplier. Any recommendations regarding a cost friendly and professional seller would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
8AH seems a bit light for a large vehicle. I would think you would want something larger, like 100ah to 200ah cells, depending on the voltage you are going to run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I realized the error of my post after posting. Sorry. Needless to say, I was thinking about prismatic cells like Thundersky (Winston) or Calb...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
yeah, I think he's wanting the 8AH headway batteries because of their higher continuous discharge rate....if he doesn't need more than 2-4C continuous on the CALB or TS/Sinopoly/whatever cells, they'd be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts