DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently working on designing an '82 Corvette high performance conversion, and have found the specs I want using 3 AMR racing 250-90 motors. This isn't ideal, because I would need to do a conversion on the front axis, but what is the general consensus on the best configuration for 3 motors of equal power in an electric car: is it 2 in the front and one in the back, as they have on some Tesla models, or would 2 in the back and 1 in the front be better because the motors are equal: unlike in the Tesla.

Also, I'd really appreciate some guidance as to the extent one would need to modify the front suspension assembly of a car, specifically an 82 corvette, to fit either 1 or 2 motors, when the original front axle is unpowered. I know I'd need to change the wheel hubs, certain parts of the suspension, and the axle, but would this be a "yeah, just buy these parts and bolt them on", or is it "you are going to need to cut off the front of your car"?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.