DIY Electric Car Forums banner

5 Questions about EV conversions...

1359 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ZeroGasoline
While I'm currently Electric Vehicularly Challenged I've been busy working on a little publication for converting EVs but I have 5 questions on what puts people off EVs or the thought of converting them:
http://www.polldaddy.com/s/0BBDFDCBF49B3116/

It takes less than a minute and your help is really needed to make sure I don't put out a 1 page pamphlet saying, "meh, don't bother". :D

Thanks kids! And adults.

Rick As-.

Uh, I mean Gav.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,381 Posts
One reply I have noted is that they don't want to be bothered with "plugging something in", yet around here, in the winter, there are a lot of us that plug in cars and trucks, so they will start on cold mornings.

It actually is no harder to plug in an engine heater than a battery charger on an EV. Once you get into the routine, you don't even spend much time thinking about it.

· Registered
778 Posts
Coley
I wonder how many millions of people "Plug-in" their Cell Phone every night before going to bed?
I had people at car shows asking me if my car had to be "Plugged-in" every night as tho that was an inconvenience.
My response was: "Do you own a Cell Phone?"
"Oh...well....yeah I see your point."

Gheeze Louise! Owning an ICE is far more inconvenient. Especially in states where you have to get out of your car in near zero weather and pump your own gas.
How about dropping it off at the dealer for an oil change? If you don't want to wait for an hour or more....someone has to follow you there and bring you back to pick it up. PITA!

Roy

G

·
Survey complete! What a PIA. Nawwww not really. I much prefer to plug in. I was thinking at the fuel station just last night, what a pain in the butt to have to come stop, feed the atm and feed the beast. It was not even busy and I felt it was a PIA. I prefer to plug in after a drive in the EV. It is much faster and easier than pumping gas.

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Survey complete! What a PIA. Nawwww not really. I much prefer to plug in. I was thinking at the fuel station just last night, what a pain in the butt to have to come stop, feed the atm and feed the beast. It was not even busy and I felt it was a PIA. I prefer to plug in after a drive in the EV. It is much faster and easier than pumping gas.
That's exactly how I feel too! Plugging the car in at home is something I'm in control of. No gold-plated Ferraris for oil sheiks from people like US. :cool:

· Registered
78 Posts
Plugging in is great! With any luck, I'll be able to plug-in to energy that I produced myself. We'll see what a PIA it is when my monthly transportation costs are $0! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.