DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I know this would be opposite of what most people do. I have a 59 Galaxy big block car that has been in the family for years. The reason is sort of obvious but I also thought it would have more than ample room and it has no power add-ons needing aux powering sources. However, there is the weight. Being I am totally new to the EV world, any suggestions, books, etc would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at this being a daily driver in our wonderful Tampa area traffic. Thank you in advance for help and I wish everyone an awesome Sunday.

VR,

Sorj

·
Registered
324 Posts
A couple of things to start:

What is your budget?
What kind of performance do you want?
What is your daily drive like? (Miles, speed, and terrain?

Once you know those things (among others), you can making choices.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Hoping to keep around or below $10K

2. Don't want it to be a dog but not looking to drag race it either. Top constant speed of 70MPH is fine.

3. I drive 13 miles one way. Both ways is in dark. Flat terrain with some overpasses (not a mountain terrain). I would like to be able to get more than 30 miles on a charge though.

·
Registered
604 Posts
the word is " competent "; i.e. enough to avoid electrocution and humble enough to apply the counsel given by experienced contributors

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope I am. Before I went into administration, I was a 4 way master certified mechanic that worked of firetrucks for a living. After 20 + years and my back started going bad, I went into administration. I'm also old enough that I know I DONT KNOW all the answers and not afraid to ask (lol). Competent, heck, I just learned how to spell that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts