DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have decided to switch the scope of a previous project to electric. It was a 60's Lambretta scooter, which I was stuffing a BV500 piaggio drivetrain into.
BV500 BUILD

I have had production electric cars for almost 6 years and found my excitement about hot rod gas motors subsiding.

So I saved the front end conversion and got a new frame. I have located this motor:

25kw PARAMOTOR

Been working with the manufacturer to reconfigure it to:

144v
14kv = 2000rpm
Sealed and watercooled

I would not have normally wanted the hub motor, but I am trying to stuff 16kwh into the frame and there is just no room for a mid drive.

There have been some talk on facebook forums that this motor will not work with traction applications. I do have one person using the next smaller version of this in race karts and he laughs at that assertion. He shot me a video with him doing donuts with the 150mm version of the same motor.

My biggest issue is the batteries. I need pretty high energy density to fit that much power into the body. I was looking at the latest leaf batteries, but haven't been able to find a wrecked car. It was also suggested to use 2017 bmw i3 batteries, which I am looking for.

I would love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rim finally in hand and packaged for china. New mock up to scale. Hopefully we can get this show on the road.

less worried about motor than finding batteries with high enough energy density.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very interested in this thread, as I too am looking for an Electric conversion solution for my Lambretta. Whats the latest developments please?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts