DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have decided to switch the scope of a previous project to electric. It was a 60's Lambretta scooter, which I was stuffing a BV500 piaggio drivetrain into.
BV500 BUILD

I have had production electric cars for almost 6 years and found my excitement about hot rod gas motors subsiding.

So I saved the front end conversion and got a new frame. I have located this motor:

25kw PARAMOTOR

Been working with the manufacturer to reconfigure it to:

144v
14kv = 2000rpm
Sealed and watercooled

I would not have normally wanted the hub motor, but I am trying to stuff 16kwh into the frame and there is just no room for a mid drive.

There have been some talk on facebook forums that this motor will not work with traction applications. I do have one person using the next smaller version of this in race karts and he laughs at that assertion. He shot me a video with him doing donuts with the 150mm version of the same motor.

My biggest issue is the batteries. I need pretty high energy density to fit that much power into the body. I was looking at the latest leaf batteries, but haven't been able to find a wrecked car. It was also suggested to use 2017 bmw i3 batteries, which I am looking for.

I would love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This might be a late reply...new member. Chk website "Heinzmann" e_motors. Theyve got a good site with all necessary data ... hubmotors too. Al very compact, but if i remember correctly strongest motor was a 25kW, watercooled. But all are small and light.
hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a Lambretta and Vespa already converted to Electric. He encountered problems with the charger and batteries are now swollen and assuming shot. The batteries are from a company called Amita. Is it possible for me to post pics on here and is there anyone willing to take a look at the pics of hub/controller/ batteries etc to see exactly what he has? Hoping we can just find a suitable replacement batteries/charger for the controller/hub/motor which are already installed. Any help is appreciated. I’m also available via phone Scott 714-401-3557

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.