1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's impressive as hell. The average speed, including time spent for stops, is 55 mph. So that range is really at about 60 mph.

Imagine that same pack in a Solectria Sunrise; its range would incease by 30% or more...

The technology to build an EV capable of road trips, without the existence of fast charge infrastructure, is here today, and is probably at least 7 years old.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately their site does not give any clear specs.

From another source (http://www.mag-batterie-service.de/seite/bericht_berliner_zeitung_01022010.htm):
It is a Lithium Metal Polymer (LMP, not necessarily LiFePo) chemistry.
According to an expert cited in the article, the "LMP technology was in the 90's a predecessor of todays Lithium Ion. It got discarded because it had a short cycle live, needed too high investments into safety and only really worked at temperatures above 60 degrees celsius. It would be indeed remarkable, if somebody has now overcome these obstacles."

Hope this helps, c.k.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Works for me too but I can't read much of it. I can make out one of the questions asking if lithium batteries will explode, and another one is in reference to a reduced carbon footprint.

Still can't find that ever elusive Wh/Kg though.......

Or cycle like, or calender life, or temperature operating range........

·
Registered
119 Posts
Works for me too but I can't read much of it. I can make out one of the questions asking if lithium batteries will explode, and another one is in reference to a reduced carbon footprint.

Still can't find that ever elusive Wh/Kg though.......

Or cycle like, or calender life, or temperature operating range........
they say, that the battery is good for 500.000km

and i read something about 100kWh....this is: 1000Wh/kg....NICE...

i have this feeling, that some big OEM will buy this technology and keep it from us for another 10-20years...:(

·
Registered
19 Posts
The site works fine, but you will not get any useful facts - even if you do speak German.

However at the end of the FAQ, they make some very disconcerting claims:
The battery will _save_ 70% of engergy compared to pb, simply because of higher efficiency. I assume they relate to the DoD, which is higher than pb. But I cannot fathom how this would save energy, since even pb does not have such a high self discharge rate.

Nevertheless, I sent them an email asking about specs, availability, price, etc. I will keep you informed, should they answer. But even under the best circumstances I would not expect a quick reply, because they will probably be bombarded with these kind of requests.

Best, c.k.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yep. It worked for me too now. But it will not get you any wiser.

The 70% asumes that Pb is less than 30% efficient. That's hard to believe. Peukert can have a really big effect on Pb. But so much?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts