DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I were to use 7 leaf modules to get 52volts running a 5kw non hub motor in a medium sized dirt bike . Could I see at least 40 mph and at least 20-30 mile range with the right controller and sprockets.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A 5kW motor running @ 52V should propel a light dirt bike to ~40 MPH. I have a bigger bike (Elmoto) running @ ~49V (Volt module) & my top speed is ~38 MPH. The range question is the variable. It really depends on the Leaf modules themselves. There are different "generations" of them & their known for loosing capacity especially in hot climates.

·
Registered
458 Posts
24kW Leaf modules from after March 2013 are the ones you want, with 2015+ being best. I think the 40kW and 60kW are holding up pretty well so far.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
24kW Leaf modules from after March 2013 are the ones you want, with 2015+ being best. I think the 40kW and 60kW are holding up pretty well so far.
Of course you meant the modules from a 24 kWh Leaf pack made after March 2013, with 2015+ being best, and that the 40 kWh and 60 kWh packs are holding up pretty well so far. Just "kWh", not "kW", and they're pack capacities, not module capacities (which I'm sure everyone understood :)).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts