DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 7245 controller that were run about 10 min. and then shut down. Checked all cabling no loose connections. When the unit shuts down voltage is still there just no amperage. I thought it would be a throttle problem replaced the throttle still the same. This morning I put the car on jack stands and let it run until it failed was only drawing about 20-25 A no overheat in any of the wire then I swapped out throttle boxes still the same, try to zero to 5K pot instead, no difference. But I do find that when the unit is in its fail mode and turned on if I disconnect the throttle it will ramp up to full speed plug throttle back in, back to zero and no response. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
506 Posts
At this point I'm assuming you have the manual, so throttle 0 = full on. Is this they way it suppose to be ?

When you power up the unit, the green should blink how your pot is setup, does it ??

Is your throttle sensor type correct ??

Read the manual and see if everything is set up correctly.

Hook the computer up and check all settings.

Roy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The unit is set for a zero to 5K pot with the Throttle box disconnected the red light blink Saying that is set up for 0-25K pot,The car has about 1000 miles on it was working fine for about four months

·
Registered
506 Posts
The unit is set for a zero to 5K pot with the Throttle box disconnected the red light blink Saying that is set up for 0-25K pot,The car has about 1000 miles on it was working fine for about four months
I'm assuming that 25K is a typo. And the throttle confirmations are green not red. All red blinks are error codes.

And btw I do not own or have owned this controller, I'm reading the operators manual.

Hook up to the unit and see what the settings are, and make sure it confirms to your set up.

Roy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir the 25K Was a typo is zero to 5K, and another typo yes Green lights, And like I said I put 1000 miles on this controller already, the car has been up and functioning for four months, it's only within the last week that it started doing this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts