DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey Chris, can you post that picture showing the motor attached to the transmission? I seem to have misplaced it. Is that the 80kW motor on that picture? What vehicle is that transmission for?

Do you have a power curve showing RPM vs HP (or KW) for this motor?

Regards,
JR

·
Registered
81 Posts
This seems like a good deal, but I'm having trouble finding specs on our website for this motor and controller. The controller page I've found but the spec chart does not include the 100kVA model.

I was hoping to find some detail including mechanical dimensions of the motor, torque curves, and all the min/max details.. for the controller as well.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi. I'll let Chris comment but I asked him to post the picture to show the excellent machining work in making the plate. He might sell those separately, however.

This motor is 11" in diameter which is a tad large for my donor car. However, forum member azdeltawye documented how it fit his 11" DC motor in a Jetta (similar to my car) by notching off some of the motor's face plate so that's encouraging. The thought of 80kW peak power is way too temping to not try...

JR

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey Naiche, I'll tell you what I know and let Chris jump in. They are located in China. The controller can be field programmed which seems to indicate they will update the microcode from time to time to fix bugs and improve features (hopefully). They have several packages from 37kW to 120kW that I've seen specs for so far.

On my last exchange with Chris, he mentioned being slammed with work and hence might be slow in responding. Dave Kois from Current EV Tech in WA also has a similar package at a slightly higher price.

JR

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would want evolve or someone similar to stock this here in the US and handle warranty concerns.
Dear sir,
thank you so much for your kind feedback of the post. And could you
send e-mail to us: [email protected]
for detail request?
Our products offer 1 year warranty.We are looking for US agent to promote this package.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi. One year seems like not enough warranty time but these days that's pretty much what you get for everything; sometimes 90 days is all you get. When compared to a standard car warranty, where the drive system is covered by 4 or 5 years, this does seem low. But you really pay for that additional insurance when you buy the whole car. And if you buy the car used, 30 days. Yep.

The AC Propulsion 150KW and $30K system also carries a 1 year limited warranty. The one now posted on eBay says "warranty: no" :)

JR

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just don't think it's acceptable. What, do they not think their motors are good enough? Or do they want us to subsidize their risk?

First company to start selling a decent drive system with a decent warranty will have no problem making lots of money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dear meanderingthemaze,
Thanks for your commends. 1 year warranty is our general offer, the motor we promise 3 year cause there are few quality problem about it.
But the controller is electronic products, its stability depends on the IGBT
components, if you require longer warranty is no problem but need a few addition price.I think it is reasonable for this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi,chris.

I am interested in the BLDC motors but my location is in Malaysia.

And,what is the maximum weight of the car that this motor can carry?
thanks for inquiry, We can ship this motor package to your location by
air or by sea. this motor can drive 1200kg~2000kg vehicle. how is your
conversion detail?

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for inquiry, We can ship this motor package to your location by
air or by sea. this motor can drive 1200kg~2000kg vehicle. how is your
conversion detail?
thanks for your quick reply..:) great to hear from you..may i know where is your company? can i know more about the shipping details?

i am an electrical engineering degree student at University Tunku Abdul Rahman,Malaysia. We had just assemble a team of keen students to take on this pilot EV-project for our university's vehicular research center and we have a collaboration with a local battery company. We had did literature research on the types of motor and wrote some research papers and we come in conclusion that for light weight vehicle,bldc is the best as it is almost maintenance free and very high efficiency. I am really excited to see someone able to provide bldc here as i saw a lot of conversions using the ADM or Warp dc brushed motors.

Our plan is to convert two cars (most probably two identical Nissan sunny 130y) as we will make comparisons between lead acid and lithium ion batteries.
Currently, we just got the green light to start the project and are in the budgeting phase as we need to quote all the prices of parts we need before we proceed on ordering the parts and starting the conversion.

By the way,what brand and model is the bldc motor and controllers? Do you have any data sheets on the motor and controllers? Do you have pictures of both? as i need to show it to my university for budgeting purposes.

thanks again. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts