DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie to ev conversions. So I have my '89 mr2 just pulled the motor and ordered the WARP 9" dc motor. I have done some calculations and would like some feedback from other 85-89 mr2 ev owners. The approx weight before engine removal is roughly 2500lbs. I would like to travel 60 miles on a single charge. I would prefer LiFePo4 batteries. The math is challenging me with the amp/hrs and the space ratios. I'd like to perhaps use an already existing working system that fits into the mr2 and also works into my 60 mile range. Thanks very much, please respond to [email protected]. Thx....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sparky, the whole point of a forum is to have a public discussion so everyone can learn from it.

If the discussion happens via private email everyone loses.

Nucleus

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Sparky,can ev has kits for mr2. http://www.canev.com/KitsComp/Components/AdapterPages/ToyotaSAdapterpage.htm I am currently driving a 89 ice mr2 also while I finish my Boxster 0.0 and will probably convert that one someday too.
O'Zeeke

Im a newbie to ev conversions. So I have my '89 mr2 just pulled the motor and ordered the WARP 9" dc motor. I have done some calculations and would like some feedback from other 85-89 mr2 ev owners. The approx weight before engine removal is roughly 2500lbs. I would like to travel 60 miles on a single charge. I would prefer LiFePo4 batteries. The math is challenging me with the amp/hrs and the space ratios. I'd like to perhaps use an already existing working system that fits into the mr2 and also works into my 60 mile range. Thanks very much, please respond to [email protected]. Thx....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts