DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased 1000 brand new Sony Murata VTC6A 21700 cells for an electric airplane project in December 2019. We are going a different direction with batteries now and would like to sell the cells. We took some cells out for testing but about 900 are still in sealed packaging.

Asking $6.25/cell but willing to consider all offers. The more you buy the lower I'm willing to accept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We purchased 1000 brand new Sony Murata VTC6A 21700 cells for an electric airplane project in December 2019. We are going a different direction with batteries now and would like to sell the cells. We took some cells out for testing but about 900 are still in sealed packaging.

Asking $6.25/cell but willing to consider all offers. The more you buy the lower I'm willing to accept.
===
Hello Holmes540, Are you still interested in selling some of the new Sony Murata VTC6A 21700? If so, just want to confirm these are the 4100mAh 40A flat tops. If yes and available, I'm interested in buying a portion.

·
Registered
255 Posts
===
Hello Holmes540, Are you still interested in selling some of the new Sony Murata VTC6A 21700? If so, just want to confirm these are the 4100mAh 40A flat tops. If yes and available, I'm interested in buying a portion.
If these are 4.1 Ah, then the energy density is only 204 Wh/kg. Why would you want to use these in an aircraft? You can get other cells that are 256 Wh/kg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
===

Those are them! Still available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If these are 4.1 Ah, then the energy density is only 204 Wh/kg. Why would you want to use these in an aircraft? You can get other cells that are 256 Wh/kg.
Its a racing airplane intended to only fly for a few mins at very high power. Need high discharge capability over endurance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sounds like you goofed and maybe needed NiCads. Why not trade with Sony?

$375/kWh is awfully spendy these days for what the crew here can pay for good batteries/cells.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make me a reasonable offer and I’ll probably take it, particularly if you buy in bulk. My asking price was just that.

Those were the right cells if we were still doing our own packaging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts