DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,
I'm planning to convert a Voyager to Electric. The last post I saw here was from 2008 or so. Any newer developments for this vehicle? More than 90% of the use this van will see will be limited to 40 MPH around town & a daily range not exceeding 40 Miles.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
20-25 KwH sounds about right. That's pretty heavy with lead, but very doable with lithium. consider something like 160AH, 144V. thats about 45, 160AH cells.

Unless you need the 3 rows of seats or bigger capacity, you might consider something a little smaller. I'm planning a 1st gen Scion xB conversion right now. probably best interior space to size/weight ratio of anything out there right now.

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advisements.
Seats are already out. I have a "Handyman" use for this vehicle & all of the work is located within Town. So the "need for speed" isnt a big requirement. I like the idea of Li-Ion & considering a stacked configuration so I can keep the storage area, or locate most of the batteries in the cargo area & build a floor over them. I should be able to put at least 6-8 of them under the hood too.
I'm thinking a WarP 8 or similar should be adequate but still need to do some math. I'm also open to any suggestions concerning a transmission, ie keep the orig. auto or toss it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts