DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robert Llewellyn (of Red Dwarf/Junkyard Wars fame) is a keen EV nut, and he's just put out a very interesting pilot episode for a potential upcoming show called Fully Charged.

I was very impressed. It explained/refuted some juicy few EV myths/problems while being entertaining at the same time. This sort of video includes many of the arguments we've been saying for years.

Now when we're battling with people who aren't sold on the whole EV thing, we can just link to it. I thank Mr Llewellyn for saving me hours of emailing/responding to the same questions over & over!
I sure hope there's more episodes coming.
:)

·
SPAM Cop
1,499 Posts
Sweet, is there a downloadable version? I think I will link it to my web site. Very nice.

Pete :)
Pete,

If you click in the video pane after it's started playing, it will take you to the actual youtube page for the video, where you can then pick up the embed code to stick it on your website :)

G

·
Yeah, I know about that but I want to down load a copy for showing friends off air. I want to make a disk with cool stuff like this. Some folks have a place they can download HD or other larger videos of the same thing. That is what I was asking about.

Pete :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I really like Robert and I'm glad to see him stick it to the Top Gear guys about the wind turbine bit! In fact I said the same thing in a post not to long ago on this very forum (about showing the Tesla and the large turbine to power it rather than some dinky wind turbine.) Can't wait for more!

·
SPAM Cop
1,499 Posts
Yeah, watching vids on any site like that will create a large file in your cache with a cryptic no-extension name. If you sort cache by date, take the newest biggest file you see there and add a ".flv" extension to the end and load it into something like VLC media player, it should play the vid. Otherwise, there are tools and websites available that make it possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.