DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am an 8th grader who is trying to make a difference in the world.
I am a part of a robotics team who has become national champions and been invited to Istanbul, Turkey which, in part, has to do with our research project.

Our Goal: Changing America

See our project is based on electric cars and that there are currently no Electric Mini-vans available in the United States. There is a tremendous community that has to rely on Mini-vans for transportation and would also give an answer to the excuse of "oh, I don't want an Electric car because they are all small automobiles."

This is where our solution comes in.

Currently our team is taking apart a 2002 Honda Odyssey Mini-van and we are converting it into an ALL ELECTRIC not just a HYBRID. We are currently half way through the process of having a completed car. We have our controller, chassis, motor, and the batteries are pending.

Opening large energy company's eyes to the possibility of a "Green Future" is what we have achieved in our small town of Elk River, Minnesota. We have been personally congratulated on our efforts of changing the future by our Governor Tim Pawlenty. We have also changed our community’s eyes on how they view a "Green Future" and its true potential.

We are 8th graders yet we can accomplish SO much and we NEED a future to be a sustainable one for my generation and the ones to come.

We must change how our States, and Country function. Only do NOT think that our team is limited to the United States. We are Ambassadors of OUR Town, of OUR State, of OUR Nation in Istanbul, Turkey to Represent in the International Tournament for Robotics.

Please, I beg you, for the better sake of our GREAT country and our global Neighbors, Support and spread our message.

Thank you,
Josh Wolf

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Josh. Every person on this board shares you passion for green, fun and even fast cars. Every vehicle built is a step in the right direction. As a 22 year old, I'm glad to see more people in MY generation getting on board! I'm also glad to see support for such a project. Most of the users here are working out of their own pocket, in most cases, like mine, they are not deep pockets. My entire budget is 2000$. I'm not going to let that stop me!

Keep up the good work, and keep spreading the message!
-Alex Crouse, Pittsburgh Pa, USA

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do not have any official EAA or other auto engineer however on two of the parents on the team are high level engineers that more so oversee the progress of our car instead of actually doing it.

For component parts I guess I'm not so clear on what you mean but we have for:
Batteries: 96 3.3VDC batteries
Brakes: Regenerative braking
Motor: *VAC motor
Controller: c. *96 kwh charger
Chassis: 2002 Honda Odyssey with stow-n-go compartments
Transmission: We are just using a differential to a single motor, Front wheel drive

*Not sure on specifications

1 - 7 of 7 Posts