DIY Electric Car Forums banner

A trolley conversion

382 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  ConversionNewb
Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post this. My (small) company, in the US, has recently come into some money and I am working on a proposal to invest it into reviving a trolley track. We are considering converting a trolley into electric to run back and forth on a straight stretch (not too long).

I am particularly invested in the idea, given the convenience it will provide to a lot of people I know and am happy to spend a considerable amount of my time into trying to make this happen. I have been tracking this forum for a bit now and have come across a variety of articles that I found to be great reads.

I realize that the mechanics for a trolley conversion would be very different as the speed and the weight might warrant for a lot of extra considerations. I was wondering if anyone here could point me to someone who might know a thing or two about similar work and may be willing to help me iron out the details or guide me on where I would find the resources.

I am a Power Electronics graduate student myself and am relatively comfortable with the converters used but do not know much outside my field. I must add that the lack of details in the post is intentional as there is a limit to what I can share. Please feel free to send a private message if interested or post below if you would want me to contact you.

Any help is really appreciated.