DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hi kuc,

54 volts does not sound excessive for a 48V nominal system. I suspect it would not be a problem for the EM brake coil. You should be using the drivers (outputs from the controller) which can be programmed for pull-in and hold voltage levels.

You should not experience any arcs. You will need to post more details including your wiring diagram and photos for us to help you with that.

Welcome to the forum.

major

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Why do you use an external PSU 24V? Why did you put 24V to the encoder?

Where are you? Please go to use CP and fill in your location. Also, can you lean on the dealer from whom you purchased the drives for technical assistance?

Photos of your system would help us visualize what's going on. Also, are you working from the manual? A link to the manual or wiring instructions you're using will help.

major

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I just wanted to simulate what would happened if I control switches using directly PLC outputs.
Hello kuc,

I will have to bow out. I have no experience with this method. I suspect it will not work and it is possible you have damaged the controller by applying 24V to pins intended as outputs and such. I strongly recommend that you wire it exactly per the manual. The attachment appears correct.

Good luck.

major

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.