DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmm, starting to look Al too familiar. No, that was not a typo.

68BGTEV, if you are ever in the So Cal area, please stop by to take a tour of our facility and go for a drive in our cars. We will also show you what our main stream business is, utility vehicles. You will see the motors being wound, assembled and tested. We can also give you a demonstration of our dyno. We welcome visitors and encourage the visits.

This will be my last word on this thread. Thanks to all for your support, you're awesome.

Brian

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
...Cruisin has demonstrated on this board and others, over the past 4 years that he is the type who is only interested in the sale and does not let the facts, truth or decency stand in his way. He is banned from this board, under several assumed ID's.
FWIW, I reported one of this guy's posts with a request that his IP be checked against other users, in particular the infamous "cruisin".

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Brian, I know HPEVS well and might (poor memory) have spoken to you many times as well. I had decided to go with AC-51 and ran into this "AC-45". Cruisin claims its performance is better than AC-35 or AC-50 and I decided to go with AC-45.

others who just want to bitch about Cruisin, I think u start a new thread. Its not helping me. If any of you have any question abt my identity, I can meet u, if u r in SFBay..

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
You know Cruisin, Its just fine to let people know the motors are old stock AC-31 motors and if you want to run them with a more powerful controller they would make a bit more power than with the stock setup. I am also quite sure they would be adequate for a little Bug if you don't mind stock VW performance. Nothing wrong with that.

When you claim its more than what it is then there's a problem.

Interesting set of tags for this thread

ac-31, ac-35, ac-45, cruisin, curtis 1238-6501

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I remembered this long thread and wanted to update y'all.

My 67 MGB GT has been running ok and have done nearly 20k miles. HPEVS has installed internal speed sensor, after the external sensors have failed few times and it's been running fine after the internal swap..

I'm getting 0 to 60mph about 17 - 19 secs.

I feel lack of power, compared to production EVs.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I would never expect a motor like this to compare to a production EV. What voltage and what current are you using with the motor? External Encoder Sensor is more prone to exposure damage. Sounds like a normal power expectation. Leaf is much more powerful and remember the Leaf is a much higher voltage system. I like the Fiat 500e. Good power but a little touchy when you get on it hard. A hard torque steer.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I remembered this long thread and wanted to update y'all.

My 67 MGB GT has been running ok and have done nearly 20k miles. HPEVS has installed internal speed sensor, after the external sensors have failed few times and it's been running fine after the internal swap..

I'm getting 0 to 60mph about 17 - 19 secs.

I feel lack of power, compared to production EVs.
Nice to hear from you. Glad the motor worked as well as it did. Thanks for remembering us at diy.

Regards,
major

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I would never expect a motor like this to compare to a production EV. What voltage and what current are you using with the motor? External Encoder Sensor is more prone to exposure damage. Sounds like a normal power expectation. Leaf is much more powerful and remember the Leaf is a much higher voltage system. I like the Fiat 500e. Good power but a little touchy when you get on it hard. A hard torque steer.
Since I'm using Curtis 1238r, it's input range is 72-130V. My Pack voltage is 118v to 130v.

Output is 96V, I believe.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.