DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have an AC-50 motor with Curtis 1238 controller in my 74 Superbeetle. It’s my second build using an HPEVs motor (the other was an AC-51). The car is running well, however, I am looking to squeeze out abit more speed and performance.

I have scoured the internet for info on the various settings you can change using Spyglass or performance tweaks for the AC-50 without success. There is almost no info out there and I was wondering if there is anyone still using this system that may have some tips. The manual has only the most minimal info.

Here is what I have so far - I have kept the factory settings except the following :

Normal Accel Rate: 0.1
Mapped Throttle 99

The throttle Deadband and Mapping have been done.

Are there any other settings I could change? Field weakening?

I want the car to launch a bit quicker off the line.
I am running 0-60 at 11.97 secs. Trying to get it to 11 sec.

City driving I just use 2nd gear. For 0-60 I start in first gear and end in 3rd.
My battery pack is 115 volt nominal @ 150ah. I only charge to max 80% which is 125 volts. The cells are LiNMC from an E-Golf.

Wondering if you have any other suggestions?

Cheers!

Terry Orr

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoa. Crickets. Is nobody using this setup anymore?? There must be thousands out there. I was just hoping someone with a little more experience using the HPEVs motors and Curtis controller could help me out. The Curtis manual is so vague. Despite that, I have been doing alot of tweaking and testing and have made some major improvements. Anybody else?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts