DIY Electric Car Forums banner

AC Induction (Golf cart motor) controller recomendations

838 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Peter Lin
Hello all,

A local fella on Facebook is selling one of these golf cart motors. It caught my eye since it's brushless 3 phase but I have little knowledge on Induction Motor controllers. I work almost exclusively with hall-based BLDC/PMAC motor systems.

If I was to use this on a go-kart or something similar, where should I start with motor controllers? I have 24kwh+ of lithium pack ready to go for it and can configure to any voltage. Is there a budget friendly controller option that can produce some big power? Is this a good motor for a light EV?

If anyone has expertise on this and would be willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
View attachment 133747
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Hello all,

A local fella on Facebook is selling one of these golf cart motors. It caught my eye since it's brushless 3 phase but I have little knowledge on Induction Motor controllers. I work almost exclusively with hall-based BLDC/PMAC motor systems.

If I was to use this on a go-kart or something similar, where should I start with motor controllers? I have 24kwh+ of lithium pack ready to go for it and can configure to any voltage. Is there a budget friendly controller option that can produce some big power? Is this a good motor for a light EV?

If anyone has expertise on this and would be willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
View attachment 133747
Is it AC induction motor ? Besides Curtis, you can consider using our controller.
Font Auto part Brand Fashion accessory Rectangle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts