DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time watcher and first time posting here. The projects on this forum have amazed me for years and have motivated me to start my own EV build.Thought I would share the project I’m working on. Converting a Teryx 750 sidexside to electric using Azure dynamics’s (Baldor)AC24LS induction motor. To control motor I have interfaced Huebner logic board Rev 2 to Prius (Gen 3)inverter power stage. I hope to have motor spinning in Teryx soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Interesting :) - good luck with the project.

The Teryx was originally 4WD; are you going to drive all four wheels?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah I plan on driving the front diff later on with a smaller motor, but for now just driving rear diff.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 4 seat long travel teryx, and want to run a single motor with a shaft at both ends , I think the rotation should work like that to drive front and rear diffs.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I have a 4 seat long travel teryx, and want to run a single motor with a shaft at both ends , I think the rotation should work like that to drive front and rear diffs.
Yes, in most vehicles (but who knows about ATVs) the front and rear shafts rotate in the same direction, so that would work.

The stock 4WD system normally allows the front axle to be disconnected for 2WD, to allow turning on hard surfaces. That suggests that when using one motor to drive both, there should be a disconnect for the front; if that isn't built into the front final drive unit, one would need to be added.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That setup may work. I think the best approach would be to have two independent motors as front and rear wheels would experience different speed. That’s what my plan is to later add another smaller motor to drive front diff. Give it a try and good luck in your progress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts