DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Hi Zapped. Glad to have you on the forum, but please don't duplicate post in the future. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with programming your controller shortly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies to all for unintentionally spamming the forum. OK, so now that all is working fine, I want to disable regen off the accelerator and enable it on the brake. Anybody knows how to do this with a Curtis 1238-6501? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Yes, you set neutral braking close to 0 (maybe 5%), and set up your brake with a potentiometer. You will need a programmer to do so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Travis. Thanks. I already have a brake pot that is enabled via the programmer and I see the voltage change when rotated but does not seem to generate regen. Also, cannot see in the programmer with I put the 0 neutral value for the throttle.

Any other clues please?

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
In the Brake Menu, Set "Brake Pedal Enable" to "ON"

Under the Torque Mode menu, set "neutral braking" to something like 5%. You probably will want a small amount of neutral braking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Travis. I am pretty sure I have switched on the brake. Oh, and no ideally I want 0 regen on throttle. I'll have a look at this shortly. Very appreciated. Aldo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All good questions. I am using a 3 wire hall effect brake with switch. Have selected Type 2.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still have not sorted this problem. car drives beautifully. have managed to minimise throttle regen so i can change gears without clutch, all good. however, dont seem to be able to enable brake regen. in the programmer i can see that when i rotate brake throttle, voltage changes appropriately. however no regen! any ideas please?

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
What's your wiring like? Can you at least say what wires from each throttle go to what pin of the controller?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts