DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-- SOLD -- Advanced DC 8-inch motor

-- SOLD --

If anyone could use this motor, please let me know. I bought it used, but never installed it. I bench tested it on 120 volts and it ran perfectly... I doubt it has much use on it at all.

I was intending to put it in my S-10 conversion that I am parting it out now, so if you need a contactor or anything else, let me know. I have the motor, batteries, racks, and some gauges as well. Although I do really need a third EV, I decided not to do this one... I think I'm going to spend some time with my wife and 8 month old instead (they're starting to forget what I look like)

One side of the motor is for a rexxy gearbox, and the other is a standard 1-inch shaft. It has four 3/8 studs (two for the arm, two for the fields). I think you can only run them in series. It turns nice and smooth... almost like a brand new motor. It has 8 brushes and they all look to be in very good shape.

I'm asking around $800 for it, which is about $1000 less than they go for new... I think it's a fair price for something in this good shape. If you don't this so, then you can low-ball me and watch me sob and I hand over the most expensive part of my conversion. My family has gone hungry many times due to my EV addiction. Please don't let their suffering be wasted.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CORRECTION:

I have the battery RACKS, not the batteries themselves... a comma can make a world of difference.... :eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually not that heavy... just a little over 100 pounds. It can actually be shipped with UPS, because their weight limit is 150 pounds, and this will probably be less than 120 pounds, fully crated.

It says shipping is around $85 to your zip code. I'll pay to have crated, if you want. It really needs a new home bad. And if I don't sell it soon, I may need a new home bad, too.

- Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm learning about EVs right now what else do you have for sale? I'm looking to construct one and perhaps we could work out a package deal on the parts you have.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm learning about EVs right now what else do you have for sale? I'm looking to construct one and perhaps we could work out a package deal on the parts you have.
I have boxes of EV parts in my garage stacked up to [almost] the ceiling.... feel free to let me know what you need. I sent you a private message listing some of the parts and my contact info. Most of the parts I have are used, but they are all good and working.

I'll send you some pictures of my cars as well...

- Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you still have that motor?
Do you have a part number on it?

203-06-4001
or
FB1-4001
? It kinda looks like a FB1-4001, but that is a 9"

Is it single or double shaft?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts