DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are things I need to consider:
I can save myself lots of headaches, frustration, money and tantrums if I seek and entertian knowledge from others.
Secondly, what kind of EV do I want when I finish? I choose to make a medium range, street legal "Grocery Getter".
Next make a buget! Or at least have an idea of how much I am willing to spend, and is this amount realisitc? Looking for bargians is time consuming and often I won't find exactly what I WANT! Be flexible, adapting things so they work is creative and fun. Time and money are interchangeable like matter and energy. I am aiming at $3000 USD. I want to be done in a year.
Also I need to decide what I can and can't do. Do I posess the skill and tools for this or that part of the project. Tools fit in to the time/money equation as does the DIY /Farm it out choice. Be honest now!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry but your budget is for a scooter scale vehicle. Perhaps a three wheeler if you can find one with a bad or missing engine. then add a small golf cart scale used motor from the cart salvage or an electric pallet jack motor from the industrial fork-lift service company in your area. and a 24 to 48 volt system with flooded lead acid golf cart batteries, Four to eight. as a controller look at a homemade relay and rectifier diode controller for four speeds and low cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts