DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this several months ago for use with the AEM-VCU for my build, but I am no longer going to use AEM products, so I am now going to sell this. I figured I would ask here before I put it up on Ebay.

I see this model for %1780 plus tax, so for my unused one I am asking for $1500.

From the AEM website:
AEM CD7 Carbon Digital Flat Panel Displays have a compact enclosure that makes them perfect for flush mount installation or in-dash installations with tight tolerances. They include all of the robust features found in the original CD-7 Carbon Dash, but do not have buttons or an LED shade hood built into the enclosure.
AEM CD7 Carbon Digital Flat Panel Displays feature full-color, daylight readable screens surrounded by a slim, tough, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite housing. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housings for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. A remote button kit (PN 30-3610, sold separately) easily wires into the CD Carbon wiring harness and allows users to change pages and clear memory. Two additional programmable LEDs are included in the enclosure and are fully programmable. For more Digital Dash Display options click here.
Four AEM Carbon Digital Flat Panel Display packages are available:
  • PN 30-5703F, CD-7FLG Carbon Flat Panel Logging Display with Internal GPS

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got mine $1399. Understand why you’ll not be using it. Very disappointing. Like buying a new iPhone that has no operating system. Hell even the connectors to hook up basic canbus isn’t included.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Just got mine $1399. Understand why you’ll not be using it. Very disappointing. Like buying a new iPhone that has no operating system. Hell even the connectors to hook up basic canbus isn’t included.
Maybe do an unboxing review thread for the benefit of those of us who had it in our top two or three list?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m going to call Aem tomorrow and see if there’s just something I’m not understanding. At this point I’ve watched over an hour of YouTube videos and still have literally a blank display. The programming looks to be only done in windows and the interface looks like it’s from the 90’s. I’m sure it works fine but not at all intuitive. I even brought in my 20yr old kids and they were like what the heck is this program. I don’t even own a windows computer went to apple years ago as I expect a lot of people did. Looks like I’m going to definitely have a laptop since display will need to be connected to the vehicle and the computer at the same time. Also Really disappointing that at this price they can’t even give you a $2 pigtail to get generic canbus data either. At this point I can either cut the plug off or wait and order a plug. It Already took almost a month to get the display.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
There are serious supply chain issues these days and people are working from home, but what's with these VCU-related companies?

Is business that fat?

Who's feeding them candy before dinner?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The cynic in me sees Holley buying up armfuls of related companies and also SPAC'ing last year... which generally means, to me at least, the major investors want out and are packaging everything up for a windfall. The equally cynical eye might consider AEM a bit strategically under-staffed at present, hence no progress or public interaction about updates and product releases. Again, I'm being very cynical here and am really hoping they are appropriately staffed and working diligently away and improving and releasing their products in good order.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Ford's betting the farm on them for their e-crate according to the rumor I heard.

My blatant cynicism thinks Ford got stuck with the SPAC in their funds management section of the company 😂, so let's get the big lumpy thing off the shop floor, put it on a stand, call it "Eluminator", and tell people AEM is gunna make it turn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts