DIY Electric Car Forums banner

What steps have you taken (/are planning to take) to improve your EV's aerodynamics?

• A Belly pan

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A Purchased Body Kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Customised Body Work

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 8 57.1%

Aerodynamics

8537 Views 56 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Greenflight
Just wondering what people have done to improve the aerodynamics of their vehicles; belly pans, body kits, fiberglassing (Please elaberate). And whether or not these changes have made a noticible difference to range/performance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
i dont think it will make a big difference but i will install lexan cover in front of the fog lamp area and cover underneat , that shoud give me good aerodynamic and protec the motor and electronics.(i tryed to attache a picture but i'm not shure it worked.)

Attachments

· Registered
45 Posts
It is quite easy to mesure , you must run at 55mph for about 1 minute on a wide straight and leveled road and note voltage and amps every 15 seconds.you must also make shure there is no trafic close to you in any direction and make shure that tire pressure is maintained.with 4 mesures you can make an average that should be a good indication of the influence of the aerodynamic modifications. also when making your average convert your mesurements in watts ( volts * amps =watts).when your done can you post your results i'm looking forward to see them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.