DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoj folks, I thought I'd first of all apologise for not being online here as much as I'd like. Been a combination of very busy, then very lazy (at least I'm honest).

Anyway, for those of you with time to kill I made a video about the village my wife and I are going to move to within the next 12 months or so.

Does Canada or the USA have "Panelaky" apartments for the masses, or is it just a soviet thing?

Oh, and ahoj, pronounced "Ahoy" just like a pirate, is the Slovak word for hello.
That's easy to remember. Words like Železničná Stanica (train station) however are not. It's pronounced shzel-lizz-neatch-na stah-neat-sa by the way.
:rolleyes:

Mind you, after a few drinks I can speak any language...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm married to a Slovak, and she's been in New Zealand for 5 years away from her family. She's done well, but now it's my turn! I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.

Mind you, if you ask me again next year I'll probably be one homesick little kiwi...
:eek:

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
How on earth does a kiwi decide to move to Slovakia? Of all places.
I'm married to a Slovak, and she's been in New Zealand for 5 years away from her family. She's done well, but now it's my turn! I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.

Mind you, if you ask me again next year I'll probably be one homesick little kiwi...
:eek:
Thats a good answer there, my friend:)
Besides, who could ask for a better guide in a new country?;)

My parent's home country of Romania is also experiencing a boom from the recent advent of the EU. If you are willing to work - there is work plain as simple. From what little I can see it looks like Slovakia is experiencing a similar buildup.

Always great to hear from you, Gavin.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well like many places if you move out of town and out in the Country you will most likely get more space for less money. You can even raise a cow or two. =) In the USA the only places of know of that have closed in apartments like that would be large cities, but I haven't lived everywhere in America even though I have traveled through most of it. Where I live, not one person for 2 miles. =) Now if you have to share a bathroom or pay to go to the bathroom, which some places over there in those Countries do I would surely look for something more out of town. Just me though. Are you taking your EV with you Gav? Or are you going to build one when you get there? Oh you may want to change your Aussie accent, I heard those girls up there go crazy for accents. haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts