DIY Electric Car Forums banner

AKIRA power bike-based electric bike build

34554 Views 28 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  drjucy
Hi Guys! last year I finished my electric motorcycle conversion (The Mark 1!) and after testing it out I came to realize that electric motorcycles can take other shapes different from ICE bikes, so I finally decided to start The Mark 2, which will be an electric motorcyle based on the visual concept of Kaneda's power bike from the anime Akira. For those unfamiliar with the bike here are some pictures:

I'm designing the bike to have:

System Voltage: 96 v
Range: 105 Km aprox. (66 mi)
Top speed: over 100 Kph (62.5 mph)
Tires: RIM 21
single seat
LED lighting
Android powered dashboard
more goodies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wanted to see the difference the smaller wheels made to the original concept tire size, everything else looked correct. Now it kinda appears moped instead of MOTORCYCLE sized.
Oh! I see, the picture above the photoshop render has 2 white discs sized to the RIM 21 tires, and behind it you can still see Otomo's original concept art with the HUGE tires, if you want I can pull together a picture that makes this difference more obvious.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
UPDATE!! I know I’ve been out of this for some time, but fear not, the build is still going strong, and today I present to you the chassis. I am not as far advances as Raikov, but I’ll get there! My controller just arrived, the motor will be here soon, and then we will start with batteries.

· Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE!! I know I’ve been out of this for some time, but fear not, the build is still going strong, and today I present to you the chassis. I am not as far advances as Raikov, but I’ll get there! My controller just arrived, the motor will be here soon, and then we will start with batteries.

Hi Bruce Kenobi!

I am writing to you from México!Have to say that this project seems amazing!
Since it's 2021 I have to ask, did you finished it? What is the status of the bike?

Hoping the best four you (y)(y)(y)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.