DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have some super exciting news!! Tonight, August 16th, I will be featured on Jay Leno's Garage with my 1980 Electric Toyota Celica at 10pm eastern time on CNBC!! :) I have talked very little about this as I have been not allowed to say much, but I am finally able to advertise and talk about it. I of course talked about the awesome EV community on the internet and how often I came here clueless for help, but hopefully they will show it and it won't get cut out.

On a side note, I am almost completed with my 74' VW "Lightning Bug" project and will update it on here once completed. But if you're curious about that or just some chronological pictures of my Electric Celica, take a look at my website www.hawkeyeinnovationsLLC.com and you can get a sneak peek at some of the battery modules I am making with some of the best lithium batteries on the planet.

Anyway, I thought maybe some people here would enjoy seeing someone from the EV community get some air time on cable TV! The episode is called "Prodigies" and I hope that everyone is able to tune in!

I have attached a few sneak peek pictures! Let me know how you think the car looks! Hope you guys can tune in! This episode will hopefully show a lot of the story with my car, including the unfortunate accident that happened a little over a year ago, but my car really has gone through a remarkable journey with me. I can't even begin to tell you all how much I have learned, matured, and improved. I know there's definitely a few people on this forum that might remember the crazy sh*t i used to do when I was younger. Luckily I have learned so so much! Thanks again to all of the people on here who have stepped in to help advise me at times.

BY THE WAY, A CHALLENGE FOR THE ONES WITH A KEEN EYE: There's something that wasn't fixed in time, and looks kinda "off" or "goofy" about my car... who can find it? ;)

All the best,

Adam Lansing

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you guys have a cable subscription, you can probably go to CNBC and see if you can re-watch the episode. It turned out awesome!!

You can also download it off of itunes! This wasn't on the youtube channel, it was actually on the TV show on CNBC which is why there is no youtube link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts